Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sem Break

When the semestral break comes, bum time, DVD Marathons and pig-out sessions are the usual things students do. Semestral breaks, happening after the First Semester, give students time to relax, enjoy life, give the mind a rest after 18 straight weeks of study (for Ateneo students).

As this is my last "sem break", I would want it to be a special one. Semestral Break started October 17, 2010, and will end on November 7, 2010. A pretty short one as it is usually 4 weeks of vacation for us.

To date, I have stayed all-day at home only for one day (October 28, 2010). I have been going out, fixing documents I need, going to places such as Tagaytay City for the MTG International Mathematics Educators Conference (as a registration person, not a participant).

Now going to the fun part. I have watched movies, again! I downloaded some via torrent, and watched others from TV. In one night, I watched thriller movies Final Destination 3 and The Final Destination (aka Final Destination 4). As I have watched the first two movies of the same name when I was younger, I decided to watch these movies in time for Halloween. Here in the Philippines, it is not a common thing to actually celebrate and party during the Halloween season. We instead spend October 31, November 1 and/or November 2 in cemeteries, visiting our dead loved ones, paying respects to them. It is a Philippine tradition we call "Undas".

From Horror, I decided to watch light movies, including Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore and Grown-Ups. The former talks about Cats (Meows group) and Dogs (Paws group) working together to stop "evil cat" Kitty Galore. She was a former Meows agent. In one of her field works, she fell into a tub of hair-removal cream, losing all her hair. Without hair, her human caretakers didn't recognize her and got rid of her. She seeked revenge on dogs and humans, and later on, even on her fellow cats.

On TV, I also watched Shooter and iRobot. I can't say I liked these movies, but they're so-so. Not my type of movies, I guess.

And just today, I watched two disaster films, Locusts and Prinaha 3D. I just seem to not get over disaster films. As their titles connote, the films are about animals/insects affecting humans, by eating their food and/or eating humans themselves alive.

No comments: