Thursday, November 4, 2010

Are You a Foreign Student?

So yesterday, November 4, was the designated day for our enrollment, the last time I'm ever going to do this in Ateneo (unless I crazily decide to take another graduate course).

Everything was smooth-sailing. I thought of taking snapshots of the process, as it is going to be my last. So when I entered the SS Conference Rooms 1 and 2 to get my grades and registration form, I forgot to take a snapshot. Why? I really don't know. Haha. I guess I just forgot.

We were given these slips of paper, one showing our basic information, and another informing us of the Graduate AISIS (More like IVLE for registration purposes). We're getting this... even though we're already graduating in March. The use of this will just be for viewing grades, at least for us graduating AMF majors.

My grades were okay, not high, not too low. I guess it's okay, although I must say, "I could have done better". I guess this will be one of the factors that will push me to work hard and give my all this last semester. Hopefully, I can really deliver this time.

Moving on, after SS Conference Rooms 1 and 2, we were told to go up to SS Conference Rooms 3 and 4 for the Enlistment Proper. One of the checkers, who "checked" my reg form, asked me "Are you a foreign student?". I guess it's part of their standard procedure, but then I still said no, and asked her why she though I am a foreign student. What startled me is her reply: "Oh, I thought you are kasi you have an accent." I didn't know that I had an accent. Maybe she heard me wrong, or maybe I really had one and was just unaware of it.

And hence I got my schedule: Classes only during Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Yey!

9:30-10:30 CS 268 - Computer Modeling - Teknomo
10:30-11:30 AMF 241 - Stochastic Calculus II - Marasigan
13:30-14:30 AMF 272 - Risk Management - Cabral and De Lara-Tuprio
14:30-15:30 MA 295J.6 - Advanced Operations Research - Mina and Ruiz

I hope this semester will be a good one. I really do. I want to end this senester with a blast. I said this last year, same time, before the start of the last semester of my undergraduate course. This time, I want this to come true.

May God bless us all.

No comments: